1925 SEXTET BETTER THAN MIDDLESEX; 5-0

Yearlings Out-Manoeuver Visitors Throughout Game--Schoolboys Unable to Penetrate Crimson Defense--Beals Stars for Freshmen

The 1925 hockey team easily defeated the Middlesex skaters yesterday afternoon by the score of 5-0. All through the game the Crimson players out-manoeuvered the visitors, though the latter made several vain attempts to break through the yearling's defense. The Concord team relied mainly on the individual playing of Pratt and Bailey, who furnished the greatest opposition to the yearling stickmen, while the strength of the latter rested on a well organized sextet. Austin did not show the speed and accuracy that he exhibited in the Dartmouth Freshman game, but the rest of the team showed up well. The work of Beals was especially noticeable, three times caging the puck for points and twice breaking through the whole Middlesex defense with a bit of clever skating and stick work.

The game opened with the yearlings launching a quick attack on the visitors' ice which brought fruit after about five minutes of scrimmage as Beals made the first of his long drives. It was only about two minutes later when he repeated the performance with another individual dribble

The second period began with a stiff comeback of the Middlesex players but the Freshmen were able to check it and add another tally about the middle of the period, when Austin quickly shoved the rubber in the open goal on a pass from a wing scrimmage.

The final session produced an improvement in team work on both sides which culminated in a clever exhibition by Hammond and Beals. The two skated quickly down through the defense and Beals drove the puck home from a position directly in front of the goal. It was followed but a few seconds later by a goal from Burgess at a different angle.

The summary:

Score: Harvard 1925 5, Middlesex 0. Goals: Beals 3, Austin, Burgess. Referee: Thayer. Goal Umpires: Napes, Pond. Time: Three 15-minute periods. HARVARD 1925  MIDDLESEX Beals, Peirson, Gibb, r.w.  l.w., Smith, Peabody Burgess, Beals, Bonbright, c.  c., Howard Austin, Burgess, Mann, l.w.  r.w., Bailey (capt.), Newman Hodder, Chase, c.p.  c.p., Pratt Hammond, p.  p., Upton Cantillon, g.  g., Morrill