FAST PLAYING MARKS HOCKEY TEAM PRACTICE

Wednesday's Lay-Off and Good Ice Combine in Speeding Up Stickmen--Crimson May Play One of Boston Teams Next Week

The Crimson hockey squad resumed practice yesterday afternoon after Wednesday's lay-off by going through a hard 35-minute scrimmage against the B. A. A. sextet at the Arena. The ice was exceptionally good and as a consequence the playing of both teams was speeded up considerably. Coach Claflin's combination was handicapped by the absence of Martin, who was given another day of rest, and Larocque, who will not be able to take part in practice until next week.

Team A lined up the same as usual with the exception of Phillips being at center in place of Martin. With Baker and Walker on right and left wings respectively this combination appeared to work fairly well. The second-string forward line, composed of Hill, Lamont, and Cabot went into the scrimmage toward the middle of practice

The exact date of the next University game is still unsettled. It is possible that one of the local Boston teams, the B. A. A., Pere Marquette, or West minister sextets, will play the Crimson the middle of next week, but such a contest has not yet been definitely arranged. It is fairly certain, however, that Saturday evening, January 14, Coach Claflin's men will face Dalhousie University at the Arena.