STRESSES IMPORTANCE OF ANGLO-AMERICAN UNITY

Hon. John W. Salmond, Representative of New Zealand at Disarmament Conference, Emphasizes Importance of International Amity

"The greatest menace to the peace of the world at the present time is racial antagonism". Such, in brief, was the substance of an address by the Hon. John W. Salmond, Delegate from New Zealand to the Armament Conference, before a meeting held last night in Peabody Hall under the auspices of the Law School Society of the Phillips Brooks House Association.

"Nations are not moved solely by self-interest", he declared, "but also by motives of racial antagonism. That is the great danger. It means contempt and suspicion among all countries and the estrangement of nations between whom there should be the fullest degree of confidence. Men must acquire a spirit of international brotherhood and good fellowship, without which radical change of sentiment no agreement or peace can ever take place".

In conclusion the speaker dwelt particularly on the relations between our country and England. "If the United States and Great Britain cannot live together in peace and harmony", he declared, "what chance is there for the rest of the world. These nations should go side by side through the years with one mind and thought. In such a full filament lies the future hope of the human race".