JAPANESE PRINTS AT FOGG

Loan, Exhibition of 72. Color Prints to be Held at Art Museum--From the Collection of Mr. A. D. Ficke '04

Beginning today and lasting until November 1, a loan exhibition of 72 Japanese Color Prints will be held at the Fogg Art Museum; this exhibition is from the Art Museum; this exhibition is from the collection of Mr. A. D. Ficke '04, who was appointed Curator of Japanee Prints at the Museum September 1, 1922.

These prints date from 1680 to 1780, and illustrate the first and second periods of the art of color printing from the black and white prints colored by hand through the use of two and three color-blocks and including the work or Harunoba, who was first to realize the possibilities of full color printing.

Prints made by Moronobu, the first and great master in the history of Japanese Prints, by Kiyonobu, Masanobu, the greatest of his time,, whose works are now very scarce, by Kiyomitsu and Toyonobu, the most brilliant of the designers of the later part of the Primitive Period, will be shown.

On Friday, October 20, at 4.30 o'clock in the Lecture Room of the Fogg Museum, Mr. Ficke will give a talk on Japanese prints. The lecture will be open to the public.