NEW RECORD SET BY ENROLLMENT AT YALE

Increase of 450 in Number of Students Brings Total Up to 4078--Freshman Class Shows Slight Increase--1184 Men Registered in College

According to an announcement made on Saturday by the Yale University Secretary's Office, the enrollment figures at Yale this year are higher than they have ever been before. The increase is 450, which brings the present enrollment up to 4076.

In the Graduate School, where registration will not be completed until later, the figure is 412 at present, and it is probable that the final number will be near 450.

The Freshman Class this year consists of 879 men, as compared with 862 of last year; this slight increase is because of a stricter interpretation of the entrance requirements. Of this class, 700 were admitted without conditions of any sort, which sets a new scholastic standing for the entering class. The Sophomore Class is unusually large, however, since its registration is 533, which makes the College show an enrollment of 1184, or 142 more than a year ago. The Junior Class number 325, and the Senior Class 326.