DOUBLES PLAY IS NOW IN SEMI-FINAL ROUND

Herndon-Ingraham and Bradley-Turner Combinations Reach Closing Stages in University Tournament -- Other Semi-Finalists Impressive

The semi-finals bracket of the University doubles tennis tournament was completed yesterday afternoon when E. T. Herndon 2G.B. and W. W. Ingraham '25 defeated Alden Briggs '25 and Louis Bondi '25 by the score 6-2, 7-5, and R. N. Bradley 1G.B. and F. S. Turner 1L defeated W. P. Dixon '25 and J. P. Duncan '25, 6-4, 6-2. Herndon and Ingraham will play G. C. Guild '23 and R. T. Kunkel 1L in the upper half of the semi-finals, and Bradley and Turner will meet J. H. Gardner '26 and L. A. Weisman '26 in the lower division of the draw.

Bradley and Turner started off by an exhibition of fast play, as they had Dixon and Duncan 5-1 in the first set. Soon, however, the latter pair pulled themselves up and took three games straight. They could not keep this up long, for Bradley and Turner won the next game and with it the first set. In the second set Bradley and Turner served beautifully, putting over several aces, especially near the end of the match. They passed their opponents at the net frequently, and completely outplayed them in the other departments of the game.

Herndon and Ingraham began as though they were going to whirl through their match in short order, for they dropped but two games in the first set. In the second, however, Briggs and Bondi put up a stiff fight and forced their more experienced opponents to show their best style of play. A deuce set was quite unexpected, since Briggs and Bondi had not displayed any very remarkable skill earlier in the tournament. Although Herndon and Ingraham are now in the semi-finals, this is only the second match they have played, since they won their others by default.