DRAMATIC CLUB STARTS SEASON TONIGHT WITH MEETING AT UNION

HEADS OF DEPARTMENTS TO OUTLINE WORK

At a meeting, open to all members of the University, to be held in the Faculty Room of the Union at 7.15 this evening, the Dramatic Club will inaugurate another season. The meeting will be addressed by Professor George Pierce Baker '87, who is a member of the Advisory Committee of the Dramatic Club and Director of the 47 Workshop; Professor John Tucker Murray '99, who is an authority on English drama; and Professor Arthur Pope '01, of the Fine Arts Department, who will speak about modern stage problems. He has studied these extensively in preparation for the courses in stage design which his Department is offering for the first time this year. The speakers will attend an informal dinner to be given by the Club in the Union at 6 o'clock.

To Outline Work of Club

During the course of the meeting the opportunities and activities of the various departments of the Club will be outlined, and announcements of the opening of competitions in acting, business, stage, art, and lighting, in preparation for the forthcoming production of Andreyev's "The Life of Man", will be made by the heads of the respective departments. In view of the difficult lighting problems presented by the play, and the fact that this department is temporarily weakended by a scarcity of members, there will be unusual opportunity for all who are either conversant with electrical work or are interested to begin a study in this field.

A reading of the play will be held in the Music Building tomorrow afternoon at 3'oclock. Every man who enters any of the competitions is expected to attend. Those who wish to arrange for trails in the acting competition will be given an opportunity to sign blue books after the reading for certain trial periods tomorrow and Friday evenings, to be held in Room 12 of the Union.