TO HOLD EXAMINATIONS FOR HALE SCHOLARSHIP

Open to First Year Law Students Who Seek Legal Education Under Financial Difficulties--Application Must be Made by November 15

scholarship will be given this year on December 10. Candidates must make application on or before November 15.

The object of the Shelton Hale Scholarship, which is open only to first year students in the Harvard Law School, is to assist those who seek "a legal education under stress of financial difficulties". The award is made on the excellence of the candidate at the annual examination, which covers in detail the work of the first year to date; coupled with his general ability as shown by letters of recommendation and the like, and his record in college. The examination will last four hours.

Applications must be made in writing to the office of the Secretary, Langdell Hall. They should state the applicant's school and college training, his record in each case, his financial condition, and any other circumstances bearing on the purpose of the scholarship. The application may be accompanied by letters from teachers in college and from others who have knowledge of the candidate's ability.