HANOVER SOCCER MEN NOSE OUT UNIVERSITY

Dartmouth Players Shine at Dribbling Game and Win 2-1--Martin and Caswell Score for Green--Both Teams Show Strong Defenoe

Outplaying the Crimson in a hard-fought game, the Dartmouth soccer team nosed out the University Saturday, by the close score of 2-1. The Green forwards dribbled better than did the Crimson men, Caswell shining in this department for the invaders, while Captain Fletcher played well on the defence.

The game was fast from the start. In the first minute of play, Martin headed the ball in from scrimmage and scored the first point for the Hanoverians. After this setback the Crimson team rallied, and managed to hold their strong opponents. Captain Fletcher, in a clever attempt to score, was blocked and injured, Huht taking his place:

Caswell Scores on Wing Shot

The beginning of the second half found the University determined, and for a time neither eleven was able to overcome the other's defence. Soon, however, Caswell eluded the Crimson backs, dribbled the ball down the side of the field, and scored on a long wing shot. At the close of the period, Captain Heizer made the University's lone tally by a free kick.

The summary:

Time of halves, 35 minutes. Referee and timekeeper, S. McCleary, Boston Referees' Association. Goals, Heizer 1, Martin 1, Caswell 1. HARVARD  DARTMOUTH Bondi, Pallo, g.  g., Veit Hartley, r.f.b.  l.f.b., Ahlquist Sullivan, l.f.b.  r.f.b., Jones Begg, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Steel, Barstow Wall, c.h.b.  c.h.b., Dewing Pattison, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Meyer Dorman, o.r.f.  o.l.f., Caswell Pallo, Pringle, i.r.f.  i.l.f., Hecht, Barstow, Steel Heizer (Captain), c.f.  c.f., Fletcher (Captain), Huht Walker, i.l.f.  i.r.f., Martin Tuttle, o.l.f.  o.r.f., Weeks