NINE CRIMSON HARRIERS ENTERED IN I. C. A. A. A. A. CROSS-COUNTRY MEET

UNIVERSITY HAS HAD TWO VICTORIES AND TWO DEFEATS

The nine University entries in the I. C. A. A. A. A. cross-country run, which will be held at 3 o'clock on Monday afternoon at Van Cortlandt Park, New York, will proceed there directly after the Harvard. Yale football game this afternoon.

With teams from 18 colleges, including the University, some of them ranking as the strongest in the country, there is every prospect of some exceptional performances on Monday afternoon. The most formidable competitors for first place are Princeton, Cornell, and M. I. T.

The Crimson team is a somewhat stronger aggregation than that which the University entered last fall, its record up to date being marked by two victories and two defeats. The season opened successfully with a 45 to 69 victory over Tufts College, to be followed on October 27 by a defeat at the hands of both Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Dartmouth in a triangular meet with these exceptionally strong teams. The scores were: M. I. T. 30, Dartmouth 48, Harvard 50. On November 4 the University was again successful, defeating Williams by the score of 22 to 42. In the triangular meet with Princeton and Yale held on November 11 the University took second place, beating Yale, but losing to Princeton, Princeton 30, Harvard 45, Yale 62. In none of these meets did a University man win first place as the team relied on a generally strong average rather than exceptional individual prowess. R. A. Lutz '24 placed second in the dual meet with Williams and third in the triangular contest with Yale and Princeton, while A. L. Coburn '24 won third place in both the Tufts and Williams meets.