SECONDS AND ANDOVER FIGHT TO 12-12 TIE

SCRUBS LOSE THIRD TOUCHDOWN ON PENALTY

The Phillips Andover Academy and the University second team fought to a 12 to 12 tie at Andover yesterday. P. E. Wilson '23 starred for the University, scoring both touchdowns, and blocking both of Andover's tries for goal, while Parasin at quarter played exceptionally well for Andover.

In the first three minutes of play, Wilson recovered an Andover fumble and ran for a touchdown. An attempt to rush the ball for the extra point failed. Five minutes later Andover made a touchdown, and then another just before the end of the quarter on a long forward pass. Both kicks for goal were blocked by Wilson. In the third quarter Wilson intercepted a forward pass in midfield and ran for the University's second touchdown. This was made possible only by the splendid interference by F. W. Pratt '23. In the same quarter the University again carried the ball over the goal line by powerful rushes, only to be penalized for pushing. No further scores were made on the fourth quarter. Andover relied chiefly on an overhead game at which she was very successful, while the University lost frequent chances to score an account of fumbles.

The line-ups follow: HARVARD  ANDOVER J. H. Dempsey '23 (Captain), l.e.  r.e., Rudman J. M. Cooper '23, l.t.  r.t., Daly C. L. Short '23, l.g.  r.g., Tweedy R. D. Gross '23, c.  c., Kern C. B. Cooper '24, r.g.  l.g., Johnston (Captain) T. W. Hoag '25, r.t.  l.t., Bradley P. E. Wilson '23, r.e.  l.e., Prior F. W. Pratt '23, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Kaufman L. R. Nichols '25, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Parker H. P. Curtis '25, f.b.  f.b., Randall T. D. Blake '25, q.b.  q.b., Parasin

Substitutions: Harvard, B. S. Cogan '23 for C. B. Cooper, J. S. Greene '23 for Blake, E. D. Hamilton '23 for Hoag, L. L. Robb '25 for Wilson, A. W. Samborski '25 for Curtis, F. D. Weatherhead '23 for Dempsey, W. M. Snow '25 for Gross; Andover, Foote for Kaufman, Look for Kern, Wingate for Look, Shoop for Prior, Kern for Wingate, Allison for Parker. Referee, Boyce. Umpire, Toomey. Field judge. Timer. Head linesman, Sides.