GIVE FOOTBALL TEAM GREAT OVATION AT HARVARD CLUB DINNER

DEAN BRIGGS PRESENTS GOLD FOOTBALLS

Members of the 1922 football eleven received an enthusiastic ovation at the dinner tendered them at the Harvard Club of Boston last night.

After a cheer for the team President R. F. Herrick '90 welcomed the players and introduced Dean L. B. R. Briggs '75 who acted as toastmaster throughout the evening.

Mr. P. D. Haughton '99, the first speaker, reviewed Harvard's football history since 1912. Coach Fisher, in thanking the team and coaching staff for its cooperation, credited the four successive victories over Yale to wealth of material, inspiring captains, and a willing coaching staff. He praised the spirit of the team shown even after defeat. Captain Buell expressed his appreciation of being a member of Coach Fisher's "football family" and his hopes for the success of Captain-elect Hubbard and Coach Fisher for next year. Hubbard, the last speaker of the evening, stated that he would have a fighting team behind him next year.

Dean Briggs Presents Footballs

Dean Briggs presented gold footballs to the 26 men who won their letter this fall and to 19 members of the coaching.

Motion pictures of the Yale game closed the evening staff.