UNIVERSITY QUINTET OVERPOWERS CLARK BY SUPERIOR TEAM PLAY

SUBSTITUTES SHOW GOOD FORM IN SECOND HALF

Superior team play, accurate passing and shooting combined to give the University five a 49-28 victory over Clark University last night in the Hemenway Gymnasium. This makes the third consecutive victory of Coach Wachter's team over Clark. The game was a fine example of team work throughout and there was little individual playing by the men on either team.

In the opening period the Crimson offence tallied twice as many points as their opponents, 10 of whose 12 were made on fouls shot by Fowler. Miller at center showed much improvement in passing and shooting, although he was out tapped by Kalijarvi, playing center for Clark.

In the beginning of the second half the game was slowed up by personal fouls by both teams, 20 personal and one technical foul being called on the Crimson quintet, and 14 personal and 3 technical fouls on Clark. Fowler and Holmes, veterans of last year did most of the scoring for Clark, and showed superior steadiness. Toward the end of the game Coach Wachter sent in the second team that broke up the Clark offensive and held them to a total of five baskets during the remainder of the game.

Well Executed Plays

After the substitutions, Rudofsky replacing McLeish at left guard, scored on a long shot from the middle of the floor after fast recovering and passing from under the basket by Lowenthal. Another excellent play was made earlier in the game when Miller receiving the ball drew the Clark defense from under the basket and passed to Captain Gordon, cutting under the basket for a goal.

The summary: HARVARD  CLARK Lowenthal, Merriam, r.f.  l.g., Holmes, Babcock Gordon, Stevens, l.f.  r.g., R. Kalijarvi, Towne Miller, Sipp, c.  c., H. G. Kalijarvi, Osborne Black, Feiring, r.g.  l.f., Osborne, Loomis McLeish, Rudofsky, l.g.  r.f., Fowler

Score, Harvard 49, Clark 28. Goals from floor, Lowenthal 4, Miller 4, Gordon 3, Stevens 2, McLeish, Merriam, Rudofsky, Holmes 2, Fowler, Osborne, T. W. Kalijarvi. Goals from fouls, Fowler 18, McLeish 9, Merriam, Lowenthal 7. Referee, T. C. Ferguson. Umpire, J. R. Bratt. Time of halves, 20 minutes.