FIRST-YEAR HOCKEY MEN MEET TONIGHT AT 7.30

Coaches Claflin and Angler to Address Freshmen in Smith Halls Common Room -- University Squad Holds Second Work-Out This Afternoon

The Freshman Hockey season begins tonight with a meeting of all candidates for the team in Smith Halls Common Room at 7.30 o'clock, at which time men will be enrolled and the work of the season discussed. Donald Angler 1L., former University player and this year's coach of the Freshmen; W. H. Claflin '15, coach of the University; D. J. Kelley, of the Department of Physical Education; and Brooks Botter '24, assistant manager, will speak. Coach Claflin will outline the University system as it has been worked out, stressing some of its more important points, and Coach Angler will discuss the season's work. Mr. Kelley will talk on the importance of training and its relation to speed and endurance, while Potter will outline the schedule of games.

Practice When Rinks Freeze

Practice will begin as soon as the ice on the Charlesbank Rinks is sufficiently sound. Freshman manager and assistant manager candidates will be called out as soon as practice has started.

The University squad will have its second workout this afternoon at 5 o'clock when both squads will report together at the Arena. In the first practice, held last week both squads were given a drill in passing and checking back and afterwards a thirty-minute scrimmage in which every candidate took part.