FOILSMEN BLANK BOWDOIN

Win Decisive Victory Over Maine Team, 9-0--Lane Brothers Show Marked Improvement

The most decisive victory that the University fencers have won for five years was registered on Saturday when the team whitewashed Bowdoin in the Hemenway Gymnasium by the score of 9 to 0. E. L. Lane '24 and E. H. Lane '24 showed improvement, due to their experience from the M. I. T. meet, the former deciding the final score when he defeated Captain Waterman of Bowdoin by one touch in an extremely close match. The University fencers were Burke Boyce '22, captain; E. L. Lane '24, and E. H. Lane '24.

After the match a round-robin duelling sword exhibition was staged between J. S. Barss '22, F. W. Saunders '24, and C. J. Shearn Jr. '23, which was won by Bares. A formal competition with duelling swords, to decide the man to take the trip with the team on Saturday, will be held tomorrow at 4 o'clock in Hemenway, which all men interested may watch. The four members of the team, which is lined-up as follows, will compete; J. S. Barss '22, J. K. Watson '23, C. J. Shearn Jr. '23, and F. W. Saunders '24.