135 REPORT AT MEETING FOR 1925 DORMITORY CHORUSES

Over 75 From Smith--Temporary Leaders Chosen--Competition to Start for Regular Conductors

About 135 men attended the first meeting of the Freshman dormitory choruses last night. Over 75 men reported in Smith Hall while Standish and Gore had an attendance of about 30 each. W. M. Houghton '22 lead the singing in Smith, R. P. Bullard '24 in Standish, and Dallas Blair-Smith '24 in Gore with A. W. Wright 3M. supervising the work of all three.

Although only old American melodies and college songs were sung last night, a new set of songs is now being collected that will include some new songs as well as a few old English favorites. It is also planned to have the choruses sing "Ten Thousand Men of Harvard", a college song written and composed by two members of the class of 1918. The competition for leaders of these hall choruses will start next week. Dr. A. T. Davison '06, director of the University Glee Club, will occasionally be present to supervise the work. The rehearsals which will come once a week. The rehearsals which will come once a week until the competition at the Freshman Jubilee on May 30, will last for only half an hour.

The first rehearsal of the Freshmen Glee Club will be at 7 o'clock tomorrow evening in Smith Halls Common Room. A. W. Wright 3M., who is at the head of all work for the Freshman Jubilee until the appointment of a committee by the class officers, will conduct the singing. A leader will be selected after a competition that will begin in two weeks. As Dr. Davison will be present to assist in the conducting tomorrow night it is important that all men who were retained as a result of the trials Monday evening, be present.