FOOTBALL MEETING TO BE HELD ON WEDNESDAY

Practice Will Begin on Monday, March 27--Over 40 Men Already Signed Up--Will Consist Mainly of Signal Drill--To End Before Vacation

The football management announced yesterday definite dates for spring football practice. Though active work will not begin till Monday, March 27, the first meeting will be held on Wednesday evening, March 22, at the Varsity Club. The speakers have not yet been chosen but a general outline of the work to be done will be given. Spring practice will consist mainly of signal drill with emphasis on forward pass plays and strategical exercises and with a little conditioning work. Actual scrimmages will not be held until the last few days of practice, which will end just before vacation on Friday, April 14.

Over 40 men have signed up at the H. A. A., but it is expected that a few more men will report when the work actually begins. Among the men who have signified their intention to start work are several members from the University squad, five men from the Freshman team, and numerous players who reported with the second football team last fall. Besides these a number of new candidates have signed up; one of whom is C. A. C. Eastman '24. Two years ago he was a member of the University squad but he has been unable to play football again until this spring. He is a strong defensive linesman who plays a guard or tackle position with equal effectiveness. He will undoubtedly be one of the most valuable of the new material and should help to strengthen the center of the line. H. S. Grew Jr. '24 will report with the spring squad and will probably take up the guard position he held last fall. J. M. Hartley 2d '23, a letter man, an end, and Arthur Anthony '24 are also among those who will report.

From the Freshman team J. D. Blake 2d, G. D. Braden and Herbert Ellis will work out with the University players for the first line.

A few days before practice begins the competition for the second assistant manager ship will be open to all members of the Freshman class. No previous experience is necessary as the work during the spring practice will be comparatively light. If the present plans prove to be successful it is probable that the candidates will not have to report every day. The work will be discontinued after the spring vacation and will not be resumed until the fall practice begins.