MR. SHERWOOD EDDY TO SPEAK ON WORLD SITUATION AT 7.30

WORKED WITH ALLIED TROOPS AT FRONT DURING WAR

Mr. Sherwood Eddy will speak tonight at 7.30 o'clock at the Union, under the auspices of the Student Liberal Club. His subject will be "The Challenge of the Present World Situation". A dinner will be given for him at the Liberal Club at 6 o'clock this evening.

Mr. Eddy graduated from Yale in the class of 1891. In 1896 he went to India to work among the students of the empire. From that time until 1915 he remained at work in the Orient. During the last nine years of this period, he was secretary of the Y. M. C. A. for Asia. From 1912 to 1913 he was with Dr. John R. Mott, conducting student meetings throughout Asia. During the Great War he was with the troops on the British, French, and American fronts.

Mr. Eddy has published a number of works, among which are: "The Supreme Decision", "The Awakening of Asia", "With Our Soldiers in France", "Every-body's World", and several others on subjects of world-wide interest.

Mr. Eddy has just completed a tour which included 18 of the principal countries of Europe and the Near East. On his various trips he has made a careful study of the social and industrial problems of different countries, and has interviewed prominent leaders of both labor and capital, recording in his books and articles the information and impressions which have come to him in this way.