TO DISCUSS PRESENT ATHLETIC SITUATION AT NEW YORK MEETING

SUBSEQUENT CONFERENCES TO BE HELD IF NECESSARY

A conference of delegates appointed by the Presidents of Harvard, Yale and Princeton Universities will meet in New York tomorrow to discuss the present athletic situation and to recommend to the institutions which they represent possible changes in present policies and practices.

The three Harvard representatives are to be Dean C. N. Greenough '98, Dr. R. I. Lee '02, Professor, of Hygiene; and Mr. Stephen Galatti '10, of New York. Dean Greenough and Dr. Lee are members of both the Athletic Committee and the Faculty, while Mr. Galatti has been selected as a representative graduate in touch with athletic affairs.

Yale will be represented at the conference by three delegates: Mr. F. W. Allen '00, New York banker and former captain of the crew; Mr. G. G. Mason '88 S., of New York, Chairman of the Alumni Advisory Board, and recently elected a member of the Corporation; and Professor C. W. Mendell '04, Chairman of the Department of Classics and Chairman of the Board of Control of the Athletic Association.

Princeton's Representatives

Princeton's three representatives will be Dean Howard McClenahan '94, Chairman of the Board of Athletic Control of the Athletic Association and Chairman of the Faculty Committee on Outdoor Sports; Mr. W. E. Hope '01, Alumni Trustee and former chairman of the Graduate Council; and Mr. H. B. Thompson '77, Life Trustee and chairman of the Endowment Committee.

The conference was decided upon at a meeting of Presidents Hibben, Angell and Lowell held in New York recently.

The following statement was released simultaneously last night at Princeton, Harvard and Yale: "The men appointed have been chosen to represent the broader interests of athletics in their relation to university education quite as much as the technical problems connected with the practical administration of the various branches of college sports. It is hoped that, as a result of the deliberations of this body, a new and better spirit may be introduced into the conduct of athletics and that ways may be found to eliminate or minimize any abuses which may have crept in. The delegates will meet at the Yale-Princeton Club in New York tomorrow, and will hold subsequent conferences if necessary until their work is completed."