WASHINGTON THRU A MIRROR

Tonight's mass meeting at the New Lecture Hall on the results of the Washington Conference has every indication of being one of the outstanding events of the college year. The Conference has been "written up" from every possible angle. Under the guise of "personalities at Washington", we have been informed of Mr. Balfour's taste in breakfast foods and we know that M. Viviani detests golf. "Inside" articles by special correspondents have told us on one day, that the Japanese delegates to a man would oppose any form of reduction in armament; on the next, that the Japanese policy was wholeheartedly behind the Hughes proposals. As a result we know really very little of what actually went on at Washington, either what was done, or who was doing it. Therefore, to have the whole work of the Conference summed up for us by two such men as Professor Wilson and Professor Blakeslee, both of international reputation, authorities in their fields, and both intimately connected with the events of the past few weeks at Washington; to have significant features pointed out, the opposing forces explained, and the probabilities in regard to the ratification of the various treaties weighed; is a rare privilege unlikely to occur again here or anywhere else.