WINTER CARNIVAL TO BE HELD WEDNESDAY

Will Start at 4 o'Clock at Soldiers Field--Open to All Undergraduates--Special Features Will be Newspaper and Managers' Races

The annual winter track carnival will be held on Wednesday, March 8 at Soldiers Field. As the meet cannot start until 4 o'clock it is essential that all men report on time if the scheduled events are to be completed. The meet will serve as a means of gaining experience for the handicap and interclass meets which will be held early in the spring. It is with the purpose of stimulating widespread interest in track, especially among the socalled second string men, that all events will be arranged with handicaps.

Gold, silver, and bronze medals will be awarded to first, second, and third place winners respectively. The meet is open to all undergraduates of the University who are not on probation. In order that inexperienced men will have as fair a chance to win one of the first three places as regular members of the squad, there will be in addition to the regular handicap events, novice races in the 40-yard dash and the 440-yard run, open only to men who have never won prizes in any meet.

Three Feature Relays

There will be three feature relay races. In an interclass race, teams of seven men will compete, while in the newspaper event quartets from the Crimson, the Lampoon, and the Advocate will run. An innovation this year will be a manager's race between managers of all major sports.

The list of events include the 40-yard dash, the 45-yard low hurdles, the 300-yard run, the 600-yard run, the three-quarter mile run, the mile run, the high jump, the pole-vault, the shot-put, the 35-pound weight throw, the discus throw, the javelin throw, the novice 40-yard dash, the 440-yard run, the interclass relay, the newspaper relay, and the managers relay.

Men wishing to compete should sign their names before 5 o'clock Tuesday afternoon in blue-books that will be placed at Leavitt and Peirce's, the H. A. A., the Union, the Freshman dormitories.