BASKET-MEN GAIN 38-35 WIN OVER BUSINESS MEN

Score Even at End of First Period but Team-Play Enables Coach Wachter's Five to Top Opponents--Do Hority Leads for Business Team

Although seriously crippled through the absence of Captain McLeish and Gordon, Coach Wachter's basketball mechine yesterday evening gained a scant three-point advantage over the all-star Business School quintet at Hemenway Gymnasium. The final score was 38-35.

The contest was a convincing demonstration of the efficiency of team-play, for the graduate school men, although out-playing and out-shining their opponents to a man, suffered heavily from lack of that smoothness and cohesion which marked each phase of the University attack.

The Graduate School's five line-up an impressive array of former college stars, including representatives of Indian a University, V. M. I., and Franklin and Marshall, with Captain E. H. De Hority 1G.B. of Indiana leading the race for individual honors. The Business School's center doubled the count of his nearest competitor, rolling up eight baskets and three foul tallies for a total of 19 points.

With five minutes to spare in the first period the score gave every evidence of maturing into a sweeping win for the Crimson team, but at this juncture the hard-pressed visitors flashed suddenly into action quickly running up the count until the stroke of the bell found the score at tie, 14-14. The University players, however, gained substantially in the closing session, and once in possession of the lead never relinquished it.

The summary is as follows: HARVARD  BUSINESS SCHOOL Pallo, Hartley, r.f.  l.g., Jones, Stuart Lowenthal, Stevens, l.f.  r.g., Seamans Miller, Sipp, c.  c., De Hority Black, Miller, r.g. l.f.,  Thompson, Clifford Rudofsky, Feiring, l.g.  r.f., Weaver

Score: Harvard 38, Business School 35. Goals from floor: Miller 5, Pallo 4, Black, 3, Lowenthal 3, Stevens, De Hority 8, Seamans 2, Weaver 2, Stuart, Thompson. Goals from fouls: Lowenthal 6, DeHority 3, Weaver 2. Referee: Coady. Time: 20-minute halves.