FIRST FRESHMAN EIGHT PICKED BY COACHES IS BELOW USUAL WEIGHT

YEARLING COMBINATION AVERAGES 166 POUNDS

The seating of the Freshman crew for the first race of the season on April 29 with M. I. T. was announced last night by Dr. Howe after consultation with the Freshman coaches.

The crew will be seated as follows: Bow, J. O. Bangs; 2, A. B. Harlow; 3, S. B. Kelley; 4, J. P. Hubbard; 5, P. H. Theopold; 6, H. G. Curran; 7, H. M. Bohlen; stroke, B. R. Wiesman. This arrangement is definite with the exception of stroke and 5; in the case of stroke Seabury Cook, who would probably have attained the position, is sick. The coxswain has not yet been chosen.

The crew is considerably lighter than the 1924 eight and somewhat below the usual weight of yearling combinations, averaging only 166 pounds to the man. The Freshmen will follow the custom established last year of choosing one man as captain each week until the final choice is made. Bohlen has been elected for the present week.

Dr. Howe and the coaches have been following the work of three Freshman crews since they were chosen last week and have been experimenting with various combinations. They are not entirely satisfied with the showing of the eight as finally chosen but feel that, considering the rather mediocre material, the crew is doing fairly well and that the season will see rapid development.