TO CHANGE SYSTEM OF SIGNING FOR COURTS

After Thursday Tickets to be Obtained at Jarvis Field-Must Still Register at Hemenway in Morning-New Ruling Does Not Apply to Soldiers Field

Owing to the increased demand for courts on Jarvis and Holmes Fields, the Athletic Association will inaugurate Thursday at 12.30 o'clock the following new system for engaging courts for afternoon play:

An office will be maintained at the Massachusetts avenue end of the Jarvis Field, where tickets calling for specified courts at specified hours will be sold after the hour of 12.30 o'clock.

No playing privilege will be granted during afternoons on any court on either Jarvis or Holmes Field unless such a ticket is first obtained at that office.

The present system of reservations in advance by members of the University, by signing the sheet in Hemenway Gymnasium between the hours of 8.30 and 12.30 o'clock in the forenoon, will be continued except that no reservation ticket will be issued at the time of singing up. A ticket for a court thus reserved in advance must be obtained at the office on the field not later than five minutes after the beginning of the hour for which a court is reserved. Tickets not called for then will be sold to the first applicant. Members of the University will at all times be given preference in assignments.

During afternoons it is altogether unlikely that opportunities for play can be given to others. Up to 1 o'clock there is usually room on the courts for all who want to play, and the new system will not be extended to the morning hours unless it becomes necessary.

This new ruling does not apply to the courts on Soldiers Field.