ANNOUNCE APPOINTMENTS TO TEACHING STAFF

Professor Boring Will Come to University Psychology Department Next Autumn--Promotions and New Tutors for 1922-1923 Also Given

Professor E. G. Boring of Clark University will come to the University next autumn as Associate Professor of Psychology. Professor Boring is 35 years old. He graduated from Cornell in 1908, took the degree of master of arts in 1912 and of doctor of philosophy in 1914 at the same university, and remained there as instructor in psychology until 1918. During the war he served as captain in the psychological service of the army. Since 1919 he has been at Clark University, Worcester.

In the University Department of Psychology Professor Boring, whose experimental work has made for him an enable reputation, will be associated with Professor William MacDougall, who joined the University staff in 1920, and with H. S. Langfeld, director of the Psychological Laboratory, who has now been promoted to the position of Associate Professor of Psychology.

Other appointments announced at the University include the promotion of H. R. Tosdal '15 to a full professorship of Mar- keting in the Business School; of Arthur S. Dewing '02, to an associate professorship of Finance in the Business School, of Arthur E. Monroe '08, to an assistant professorship of Economics, and of Dr. Richard M. Smith, M.D. '07, who is now an instructor at the Medical School, to an assistant professorship of Child Hygiene in the new School of Public Health. Gordon M. Fair '16, has been appointed instructor in Sanitary Engineering at the Engineering School. 'Niles Carpenter, instructor in Social Ethics, has been given also the title of tutor in this subject.

The staff of tutors in History, Government, and Economics, who have charge of the individual instruction given to undergraduates in preparation for the general examinations, will be strengthened next year by the appointment as tutor of Professor H. A. Yeomans '00, of the 'Department of Government. Professor Yeomans served as Dean of the University from 1916 to 1921, and is now spending a year's leave of absence in travel. On his return to the University next autumn he will give half of his time to tutorial work with undergraduates.

A. E. Monroe '08 and A. S. Dewing '02, whose promotions are noted above, will continue to serve as tutors next year. Additions to the tutorial staff include S. E. Harris '19, now an instructor at Princeton; C. H. Whelden Jr. '21, of Watertown, now studying economics in the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences; R. L. Buell of Long Beach, Cal., author of "Contemporary French Politics" and now a student at the Princeton Graduate School; and R. L. Masson of Washington, Iowa, who now holds the title of instructor in Economics at the University, and is also doing graduate work