FRESHMAN SEATING SEEMS STABLE

Yearlings Will Race M. I. T. '25 Over Longer Distance

Following their strenuous Henley test on Saturday, Dr. Howe gave his first Freshman crew a comparatively light work-out yesterday afternoon. The coaches feel well satisfied with the work of the yearling eight against M. I. T., and it is more than likely that the present seating will continue in effect for the coming triangular race with the Princeton and Annapolis 1925 boats. Dr. Howe, however, intends to carry on further expertments with the Freshman coxswains, and C. S. Heard, who held the tiller against Tech, will probably give up his seat for a few days to W. J. Cunningham and F. H. Blum, coxes respectively of Coach Bert Haines' second and third yearling eights.

On account of the fact that the Technology yearlings suffered a serious handicap in their race Saturday when stroke Blair broke his slide halfway down the course, a race-off has been scheduled for Saturday, May 13. The two University crews are booked to meet the first M. I. T. eights on this date, and it is planned to hold the Freshman contest the same afternoon, immediately preceding the Varsity races. The yearling course, however, will be over a mile and seven-eighths stretch instead of the Henley distance.