GOLF TEAM WILL PLAY FIRST MATCH ON MAY 13

Columbia to Open Its Season--Yale Match on Memorial Day to be Played at Providence--Three of Last Year's University Players Back

The University golf team will start on its schedule on Saturday, May 13, when it plays Columbia in New York, N. Y. From then until the Yale match, three teams will be met each week.

With three regulars from last year's team returning, the prospects for the season are promising. C. W. Baker '22 Durham Jones, '22, and J. B. Fleming '22, are steady, consistent players who have shown their worth by their work with the team last year. In addition to these men, J. H. Eaton '22 and C. C. de Gersdorff '23 may both be counted on to turn in some good performances. Eaton was kept from playing last year by illness, and de Gersdorff, who captained the 1923 Freshman team, did not go out for the University team last year Good work is also expected from H. W. Howe '23, J. M. Martin '22, S. H. Browne '23, and R. M. Clough '24, who led last year's Freshman team.

Large Squad Reporting

About 22 men have reported up to the present time. After an elimination series over the Oakley coursee, the squad will be cut approximately in half. From this smaller squad a team of six will be picked for a trip to New York, during which the team will play Columbia on May 13, and Princeton on May 15. On May 17, the team will play M. I. T. at Brae Burn, and on May 20 it will oppose Dartmouth, also at Brae Burn. Boston University, on May 23, at Wollaston will be the team's next opponent, followed on May 26 by Amherst at Providence, R. I. On May 30, Memorial Day, the team will face Yale at Providence, in its last match with the exception of the Intercollegiates, which will be held at Garden City, N. Y., in the last week of June. A captain will be elected in the near future, when the team has been selected, and a more definite idea of each man's ability has been obtained.