DARTMOUTH FRESHMEN TO BATILE 1925 TODAY

Hanover Yearlings Bring Team With Formidable Record-Will be First College Freshman Contest for Coach Young's Charges

The yearling nine will meet its first college freshman opponent this afternoon. When the undefeated Dartmouth 1925 team invades Soldiers Field at 4 o'clock.

The visitors are given the edge on the Crimson yearlings by the previous scores this season. The latter lost to Andover 3 to 2 while the Banover men won from the schoolboys, 5 to 4, two weeks ago. In addition to defeating Colby and Tilton Academines, they opend their season on April 29 with a 5 to 4 victory over the Yale first-year players.

In Edwards and Walker, the visitors have excellent pitchers who may give the Crimson trouble this afternoon. The former struck out 12 batters, did not issue a walk, and allowed but five hits in the New Haven game. The latter was at his best against Colby when he fanned ten and allowd but five hits. Stevens, the visting second baseman who has been out of the last two games on account of an injury, will be back in the line-up today. Captain Montgomery, Bjorkman, and Upton, all of whom have been batting a high average this season, may give the Crimson pitchers trouble this afternoon.

Doherty, who has been playing at center field during the last three weeks, will be absent from the Crimson line-up today due to a fractured ankle which may keep him out for the remainder of the season. His place in the field will be taken by Austin.