RUSSELL ON MOUND TO STEM DARTMOUTH

Hanover Nine Defeated by Georgetown and Pennsylvania but Only by Small Scores--Has 3 Men Hitting Over 300

With Captain Conlon back in the line-up after his injury in the Holy Cross game, the University nine will meet the Dartmouth team on Soldiers Field at 3 o'clock this afternoon. For the last three years the Green has been able to down the Crimson, last season piling up nine runs and holding the University batters scoreless until the last few minutes of play.

There are few veterans on the team from Hanover this year, but, despite this fact, the visitors have developed a team which has been able to hold Georgetown to a 9-5 contest, and to defeat Princeton by the score of 4-3. Three times the team has bowed to Penn but two of the contests were victories by the smallest of margins. The powerful Holy Cross team, on the other hand, defeated the Hanover nine rather easily piling up ten runs and holding the Green players to three tallys.

Besides the 4-3 game with Princeton the visitors have had numerous other successes against difficult opponents. Three times they have downed the Columbia team, while an 8-1 victory over the formidable Amherst nine and a 5-4 victory over Brown have both been well-deserved.

In spite of its long string of victories, the team has, at times, shown a weakness in the field; in the Princeton game it very nearly suffered defeat on account of numerous errors. This deficiency is, however, more than made up for on the mound and at the plate. Maynard, the veteran shortstop, has been leading the batting list with an average above 880, while Dagostino and Caswell are other 300 hitters who may cause Russell some trouble.