SIX FUTURE OPPONENTS OF CRIMSON IN ACTION

Five Elevens Open Their Seasons With Today's Contests--Yale to Use Substitute Team Against Carnegie--Tigers Face Johns Hopkins

With all but one of the University's 1922 opponents getting into action today, five of them for the first time this season, the dopesters will have ample material by which to judge the relative strength of the teams for the coming games.

Yale will be watched by Crimson supporters in its game with Carnegie Tech today. Coach T. A. D. Jones of the Blue team announced yesterday that he would use a substitute eleven against the visitors so that a small and close score is expected. The speedy Carnegie eleven, with a finished short-passing style of play, will furnish an ample test of the Yale defensive strength, the department of the game in which they are weakest to date.

Tigers Up Against Johns Hopkins

Princeton will open its schedule today against the Johns Hopkins eleven with a team of unknown quality composed of five veterans with at least two players from last year's Freshman team in the backfield. Coach Roper has built his attack around Cleaves, who was one of the mainstays of last year's team. Nothing is known as to the power of the Johns Hopkins eleven. They will be outweighed, however, by the Tigers, a fact which may bear greatly on the victory.

Of unusual interest will be Dartmouth's showing in its opener with Norwich at Hanover today. The Green team has been coached this fall under the new Dartmouth "system" inaugurated by the Athletic Council after a disastrous season last year. For the first time a Dartmouth team will use the unbalanced line in its plays. The Norwich eleven is rated high this year, and handicapped by a long injured list, the Hanover team will probably have to resort to a kicking game to defeat the visitors.

Holy Cross Due for Easy Time

Holy Cross, which comes to Soldiers Field next Saturday, faces the Providence eleven today in what looks to be an easy game. Bowdoin, however, which faces Harvard on October 14, sends a weak team against Amherst. Many minor injuries have slowed up the work of the Maine eleven and the loss of many veterans has necessitated building practically an entirely new combination this fall.

Centre College is expected to sweep to an easy victory over Clemson in North Carolina, but Brown will have difficulty defeating Rhode Island State. The former team barely got out with a 6-0 win last year.