FRESHMAN QUINTET WILL MEET Y. M. C. A. TONIGHT

Team Drilled During Week in Four-Man Attack and Five-Man Defense--Y. M. C. A. Has Fast Experienced Combination--Line-Ups Announced

The Freshman basketball team, in its second game of the season, will meet the strong Boston Y. M. C. A. team at 8 o'clock tonight in the Freshman Athletic Building. The practice since the defeat by Tilton has been devoted mainly to the rudiments of passing, in an effort to eliminate the weakness in this part of the attack as evidenced in the recent game. A radical shift in the opening line-up has been made in an effort to perfect a fast "four-man attack". The steady work of J. A. Reed at center is expected to give balance to the team. University Coach Wachter assisted Coach Chase at Tuesday's practice, and gave special attention to this attack, as well as to low and fast deceptive passing.

Drill Men in Five-Man Defence

In yesterday's practice. Coach Chase directed signal practice of teams A and B, and also used various combinations in the attack. All men on the squad were drilled in short "cut-in" passing with short shots at the basket. Coach Chase has also tried to make the "five-man defence" faster. Smith will shoot the fouls.

The team has showed much speedier work, on the whole, since Saturday's game, but the members of the Y. M. C. A. team have played together for six years and should prove themselves formidable adversaries. They defeated last year's Freshman five 26-24, and have shown a superior type of basketball this season. Captain James will shoot the fouls.