The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

C. C. PEABODY ELIMINATES CHANNING WAKEFIELD 2L. FROM SQUASH TOURNEY

WINNER TO MEET W. P. DIXON '25 IN SEMI-FINAL ROUND

For an hour and 50 minutes C. C. Peabody, defending squash racquets champion, and Channing Wakefield 2L. fought to advance in the State tournament yesterday afternoon. Five harrowing games were necessary to prove Peabody superior; all were set except the third, and the final scores were 18-17, 15-16, 15-11, 17-18, 18-16.

The match undoubtedly produced the most brilliant racquets of the season, although body-checking by both men repeatedly marred long rallies. Peabody's play was steady, while both players volleyed perfectly, resorted frequently to hard-hitting, and made almost impossible gets. A feature was the way in which the men came from behind, especially in the third game, when Wakefield's lead of 8-0 eventually yielded to Peabody's 15-11 victory.

Since W. P. Dixon '25 defeated F. W. Crocker '22 in straight games in the other third round match, he will meet Peabody in the semi-finals. In the University tournament last fall, Wakefield was forced to five sets by Dixon, so that, although Peabody is favored to win, Dixon should extend him to the limit.

The finals in the College tournament will be held tomorrow afternoon between E. M. Hinkle '23 and Dixon at 3 o'clock. The former defeated J. J. Glessner '25 in the semi-finals while the latter disposed of F. I. Carpenter '24, both matches going to five sets.