FRESHMEN KEEP RECORD CLEAN IN FAST CONTEST WITH BROWNE & NICHOLS

GAME WAS TO HAVE BEEN WITH NEWTON HIGH SCHOOL

The Freshmen scored their fourth successive victory yesterday at the Charles bank rinks, defeating Browne and Nichols 6 to 1. The scheduled game with Newton High was cancelled at the last moment on account of the illness of several Newton players and a game with Browne and Nichols, which had been postponed from January 10, was arranged instead.

The contest yesterday was marked by fast skating and hard shooting. The Freshmen showed an improvement in team-work, and the defense showed that it had adapted itself better to the system of swinging back. Browne and Nichols had a good defense, but the offense was weak, due to the lack of teamwork among the forwards.

Howe Makes First Score

Shortly after the beginning of the game, Howe caged the first goal for the Freshmen on a pass from Harding. This combination worked extremely well, and accounted for three of the six goals. A few minutes later Child scored the first goal tallied against the yearlings this season from a scrimmage in front of the net. Howe caged the puck again later in the period.

Throughout the rest of the game, although the schoolboys threatened many times, they were unable to score, while the Freshmen made four more goals, two in the second, and two in the last period, one each by Harding, Howe, Martin, and Pratt.

Captain Durant of Browne and Nichols was the mainstay of his team's attack. Many times he carried the puck up the rink, and his shots were turned back only by the excellent goal work of E. H. Bradford Jr.

The summary: 1926  BROWNE & NICHOLS Davis, Henderson, l.w.  r.w., Smith Harding, c.  c., Durand Howe, McDowell, r.w.  l.w., Child, Power Pratt, l.d.  r.d., Thompson Martin, Nash, r.d.  l.d., Whitting Bradford, Cumings, g.  g., Colby

Score Harvard 1926, 6, Browne and Nichols 1 Goals, Howe 3, Harding, Pratt, Martin, Child. Referee, T. Wilbur Watson. Time, three 12-minute periods.