FALL TENNIS TOURNAMENT GETS UNDER WAY TODAY

DOUBLES MATCHES SCHEDULED TO BEGIN WEDNESDAY

Barring a deluge from the Heavens, approximately 140 men will report this afternoon at Jarvis Field for the opening of the singles matches for the Jackson Cup. The doubles matches do not begin until Wednesday when forty teams will clash in the annual Fall University Tennis Tournament.

Eight men have been seeded for this afternoon's singles. G. M. Wheeler, former Yale star heads the list. He is followed by J. F. Whitbeck '27, a graduate of Loomis School, who was interscholastic champion last year. The others are; H. N. Snow in the graduate school, captain of the New York University team three years ago; L. H. Bondi '25 of last year's University team; Leighton brewer of Yale; Henry Kaltenback, an old Princeton star; Alden Briggs '25 and Palmer Dixon '25, both of last year's Crimson team.

E. T. Herndon, University champion last year and luminary of the 1923 Business School team, is not competing. A second well known player not among the singles entries is W. W. Ingraham '25, who is confining himself to the doubles matches on Wednesday. K. S. Pfaffman '25, being engaged with football, has not entered the tournament.

For the doubles events on the Wednesday afternoon program, only four teams have been seeded; W. W. Ingraham '25 and W. P. Dixon '25; G. M. Wheeler and Alden Briggs '25; Donald Stralem '24 and L. H. Bondi '25; and W. T. Smith '26 and G. D. Debevoise '26.

Men who fail to report at Jarvis Field on time will lose by default. All matches with the exception of the semifinals and finals wihch will be played on the Divinity courts, will be held on the Jarvis courts.