BOSTON COMMON TO SERVE AS FIELD FOR TRACK MEN

Several Crimson Performers Will Enter Holiday Carnival Independently-Eastman May Capture Shot Put

Several University track men will compete independently in many of the events of the Columbus Day Athletic Carnival which will be held tomorrow morning on Boston Common.

Chief among the University contenders for the gold, silver and bronze medals which are being offered by the city of Boston is C. A. C. Eastman '24, who is entered for the shot put. Eastman snatched the new England championship from J. C. Lawlor of the B. A. A. at the N. E. A. A. U. championships last February. Another formidable shot putter from Harvard will be Charles Paulsen '27, the versatile captain of last year's Hill School track team. The University will be especially well represented in the 100-yard dash in which are entered R. G. Allen, L. R. Brooks, J. H. Broome, and L. V. McMaster, all members of the 1926 track team.

Other University entries are Charles Jenney '26 and H. W. Abbott '25 in the high jump, J. H. Smith '25 and C. G. Raymond '27 in the 440 yard run, M. R. Smith '24 and K. Dorn '27 in the broad jump, and C. J. Adams '27 in the shot put.