TWO CRIMSON SOCCER TEAMS IN ACTION TODAY

University Plays Amherst on Soldiers Field While Freshmen Face Tabor--Gherardi Chosen to Lead 1927

Both the University and Freshman soccer teams are scheduled to play games with outside opponents at Soldiers Field this afternoon. The University team will play Amherst while the Freshmen are to meet Tabor Academy. Although Coach We'ch has not announced any line-up for this afternoon, it is expected that Captain R. M. Greenidge, G. D. Dorman '25, and J. C. Lamont will take a prominent part in the University attack. In addition, L. J. Barnes '26 will probably figure in the line-up, as he has just been made eligible by the College authorities.

Coach F. G. Wale, ex '25, was equally uncertain about the Freshman line-up with which he will start today's game. He has a large squad of exceptionally good material, and it is probable that most of his squad of 38 men will be given a chance to play during the game this afternoon.

Walter Bockwell Gherardl Jr. of Washington, D. C., was elected captain of the Freshman soccer team on Thursday after practice. He prepared at St. Georges, where he played in the position of outside right forward.