JACKSON CUP DOUBLES ARRIVE AT SEMI-FINALS

WINNERS PLAY DIXON-INGRAHAM IN FINALS TOMORROW

G. M. Wheeler 1G.B. and Alden Briggs '25 will meet L. H. Bondi '25 and Donald Stralem '24 this afternoon on the Jarvis Courts at 1.30 o'clock in the fifth round or semi-finals of the Jackson Cup doubles championship.

Yesterday Wheeler and Briggs, who played against each other in the finals for the Jackson Cup singles championship, met stiff opposition from the Hannington Coleman combination winning the third set by a 12-10 count. Wheeler and Briggs quickly got the jump on their opponents and took the first set 6-3. By this time, however, Coleman had his overhead stroke and his service in excellent control, and with Harrington succeeded in taking the set 7-5.

As the third set went on, each combination took its own service, but despite the continual tying of the game score, the superiority of the winners could be noticed. Harrington was driving too many balls into the net, while Wheeler often sent his service across the ret so swiftly that his opponents were not able to return it. It was not until each pair had ten games that Wheeler and Briggs broke through their opponents' service and took two games straight, which gave them the set and the match. The other match played yesterday was between Ingraham-Dixon and Kingsbury-Gordon, the former winning 6-1, 8-6. Tomorrow Ingraham and Dixon will meet the victor of the Wheeler Briggs vs. Bondi-Stralem match.