FARRELL PICKS RUNNERS FOR TRIANGULAR MEET

CAPTAINS CHOSEN FOR STANDISH, GORE AND SMITH HALLS

After giving his cross country squads a brisk work-out on the grass within the Soldiers Field enclosure yesterday afternoon. Coach Farrell picked the tentative list of entries for both the University and Freshman runs tomorrow afternoon. Today he will give all of his harriers a complete rest.

In the triangular meet scheduled with Bowdoin and Tufts there will be ten Crimson men who will run over the six mile Charles River Course. It is almost certain that Captain Coburn and L. B. R. Barker '26 will be unable to take part because of injuries. The participants will be selected from the following: J. L. Benall '24, E. B. Boyee '26, W. L. Chapin '25, F. McB. Cobb '25, B. R. Cutcheon '25, W. L. Garrison '24, L. W. Grossman '26, W. C. Harrison '25, H. R. Kobes '26, R. N. Parker '26, and L. W. Ryan '26. This meet will be the second for the Crimson squad. since last week they encountered Middlebury, gaining the verdict by a 17 to 38 count.

Freshmen Won Last Week

The Freshman squad also had its first race last week, the Crimson first year men being nosed out by Springfield 1927 by the score of 26 to 31. The ten men whom Coach Farrell has selected to make the Andover trip are A. C. Coolidge Jr., J. F. Davidson, A. D. Dowling, Edward Gordon, C. H. Haggerty, B. L. Jacobs, R. A. Pierce, H. L. Smyth Jr., J. W. Teele, and B. E. Swede. Only the first five men on each team to place count in the scoring.

Tomorrow afternoon there will be a race for the members of the Freshman squad who do not go to Andover. As a result of this contest Coach Farrell will pick several more men to eat at the training table.

Before practice today Coach Farrell selected three men to serve as the dormitory team captains. Those chosen were: Gore, A. C. Coolidge, Jr.,; Smith, J. W. Teele; Standish, H. L. Smyth Jr. Runners from the three dormitories, under the leadership of these men, will be put through a race Monday. The dormitory which the winning combination represents will receive credit for five points in the fall athletic competition.

Yesterday afternoon entry blanks for the Interscholastic Cross Country Run, which will be held on the morning of Saturday, November 3, were sent out by Assistant Manager J. K. Collins '25