R.M. GLOUGH TO CAPTAIN UNIVERSITY GOLFERS

Veteran Golfer Has Been a Consistent Player for Crimson-Very Favorable Prospect for Championship Team

At a meeting of the returning veterans of the golf team last night, Robert Morrill Clough '24 of Reading was elected captain for the coming year while Harris Leon Kempner '24 of Galveston, Texas, was chosen to manage the next year's team. Last year Clough, as number three of the University golf team, played a consistent game and was one of the factor sin the team's winning seven of its nine matches last spring. Clough also played on his Freshman team as well as the University sextet in 1922.

Prospects Good for Winning Team

As there are six lettermen of last year's team available to play in the spring, the prospects for a successful season are exceedingly good. These men are Captain Clough, Clark Hodder '25, W. G. Soule '25, J. J. Mapes '25, C. L. Pierson '25 and A. J. Parker Jr. '25, R. T. Jones '24, the national open champion. Will not be able to take his place with the linksmen next spring as he expects to complete his course at mid-years. However, G. G. Folin Use, who played on his Freshman team in 1920 and on the University sextet the following year has returned to college and will help to strengthen the linksmen considerably in their fight for the intercollegiate league pennant. Palmer Dixon '25, who has heretofore devoted the majority of his time to tennis, but who is also a golfer of ability, will be a candidate for the team in the spring.

Captain Clough will not get his squad into action for definite practice until early spring. However, most of the veterans are now devoting time to informal fall practice.