MINOR SPORTS AWAIT "KING FOOTBALL'S" EXIT

Squash, Wrestling, and Boxing Anticipate Large Following After November 24--1927 Has New Squash Facilities

Shortly after the close of the University football season on November 24, the coaches of wrestling, boxing and squash racquets will be ready to receive men in these activities, according to a statement made yesterday by Mr. W. H. Geer, director of Physical Education. These three sports, together with the 5 o'clock gymnasium classes, are the main individual activities offered to members of the University during the winter by the Department of Physical Education.

To accommodate the increased enrollments which are, expected in boxing, wrestling, and squash, reorganization and rearrangements have been made in each activity. Wrestling, which was held last year in the Freshman Athletic Building has been transferred to the old wrestling room in the Hemenway Gymnasium. The wrestling rooms in the Freshman building have been rebuilt to give eight new Freshman squash courts. This will leave the University squash courts on Linden Street for the use of members of the higher classes in the University.

With these readjustments in equipment, the coaches of the three sports will be able to work with their respective squads far more efficiently.

Coach Frank Judson, who has been re-appointed coach of wrestling, will be able to work with all his men in the Hemenway Gymnasium. His regular wrestling classes will meet each hour on Monday, Wednesday and Friday afternoons. Freshmen will work during the 2 and 3 o'clock period, while the remaining two periods will be devoted to University candidates. In addition to regular classes, Coach Judson plans to be in the wrestling room from 2 until 4 on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons to give individual instruction.

Coach William Shevlin, who has also been reengaged, will be in charge of boxing during the winter. He plans to conduct his work in the boxing room on much the same schedule as Coach Judson has chosen for his wrestling work.

Both coaches announce that they will hold University championship tournaments for the regular classifications.

In squash racquets, work will not begin until weather conditions have made tennis impossible. Then work will start in the indoor courts. The University coaching will be under the direction of Coach H. L. Cowles, while the Freshmen will work under W. H. Sayre 2L. During the season there will be a University squash racquets tournament, as well as those for Freshman interdormitory competition.