RAIN FORCES POSTPONING OF ALL UNION TENNIS

Singles Matches Scheduled for Today Should Bring Out Pretty Tennis--Doubles Start This Afternoon

The misting rain of yesterday made impossible the playing of the Union tennis tournament singles and doubles matches. It is doubtful whether the courts will be in condition today, even if there is no rain.

The singles matches are entering into the third and fourth rounds and matches which will display some tennis skill are scheduled for today. One of these is the Boone-Martin match, a second, the Bondi-Roots, and probably the best the Debevoise-Upjohn match at 3.30 o'clock.

The doubles matches are just beginning and little tennis of merit is anticipated.

The singles matches to be played today follow:

At 1.30.--Weiskopf vs. Beebe-Center, Guild vs. Craig.

At 2.--Debevoise vs. Upjohn, Salter vs. Sears, Bandler vs. Barber, Boone vs. Martin, Solomon vs. Hopkins, Glessner vs. Weisman, Shapiro vs. Stone.

At 2.30.--Whitbeck vs. Pinkham.

At 3.--Levin vs. the winner of the Weiskopf-Beebe-Center match, Sherman vs. the winner of the Guild-Craig match.

At 3.30.--Huntington vs. Perkins, Rounds vs. Scully, Gallery vs. the winner of the Salter-Scars match, Davis vs. Webster, Bondi vs. Roots.

The doubles matches to be played this afternoon on the Jarvis courts follow:

At 2.-Hopkins and Harkness vs. Manning and Martin, Allen and Perkins vs. Tarplin and Lichauoo, Hunnewell and Field vs. Pratt and Collier, Stralem and Dixon vs. Kunitz and Solomon.

At 2.30.--Scars and Noyes vs. Schwartz and Bloomberg.

At 3.--The winner of the Straiem Dixon vs. Kunitz-Solomon match vs. the winner of the Hopkins-Harkness vs. Manning-Martin match.

At 3.30.--Upjohn and Roots vs. Trafford and Glessner, Weisman and Debe-voise vs. Carpenter and Harrington.