AUSPICIOUS PROGRAM FOR HALL SPORTS ARRANGED

Interdormitory Competition to Decide Winner of Freshman Cup--To Include Contests in All Sports

A general plan for the fall Freshman interdormitory competition was sketched by Mr. D. J. Kelley, Assistant Director of Physical Education in his office at Wadsworth House on Saturday.

The fall interdormitory season will start immediately with the formation of the dormitory football teams. This year the dormitory teams will have unusually capable coaching. Arthur Anthony '24, B. S. Cogan '23, J. P. Hubbard '25, and E. D. Hamilton '23 will constitute the coaching staff. Under the supervision of Mr. J. J. Campbell '12, a series of interdormitory football games will be played off, and at the end of the season an all-dormitory team will be picked to scrimmage the teams from the first Freshman squads.

Other fall competition will include an interdormitory track meet under the supervision of J. C. Collins '24, and, later, an interdormitory track meet directed by A. C. Bickford '24, University track manager.

On Monday, October 8, Mr. H. C. Cowles, University tennis coach, will start an interdormitory tennis tournament on the Soldiers Field courts and late in the week S. B. Chase 3L. will begin a handball tournament in the Freshman Athletic Building.

Regatta Planned for Late October

The Charles River will be the scene of the final competition between the dormitories. At the fall rowing regatta in the last week in October, five crews are expected to compete for each dormitory. This feature of the regatta will be under the direction of Dean Delmar Leighton '19, while Mr. Edward Wachter will direct an interdormitory single scull race at the same time.

Each of the events mentioned above will be scored on a basis of five points for the winning dormitory, three for the second and one for the third. In addition to the score obtained in open competitions, the dormitory having the largest number of men to win numerals in the fall sports will receive five points, and the second and third dormitories, three and one points. Owing to the fact that the Freshman soccer season does not close until November 24, it will be impossible to compute the final fall interdormitory score before the end of November. This fall score will be added to those for the winter and spring series, and the final winner will be entitled to possession of the interdormitory cup, which in the past ten years has been won four times by Standish, three by Gore and three by Smith.

To further stimulate interdormitory interest, Mr. J. I. Straus '93 presented each hall with a bronze tablet three years ago, and on these trophies the names of the winning dormitories in the fall, winter, and spring series will be inscribed.