"FIGHT WEEK" AGAIN MAY BE DISCARDED

Several Long Scrimmages Will Replace Bruising Tactics of Past Years--Both Greenough and Kernan Improved

Despite the vague rumors of "fight week" and "bloody Wednesday" which were floating about Soldiers Field yesterday, the University football squad enjoyed the usual serene practice of Monday afternoons.

That Coach Fisher will subject his squad to hard drill and rough scrimmages during the next few days to prepare them for the coming Dartmouth encounter is certain. But it is not probable that he will resort to the old fashioned system of "fight week", when all the members of the squad worked themselves into a frenzy and then proceeded to tear each other to pieces. Without doubt such an event would put new energy into the team. But coming on the eve of the Dartmouth game with a series of hard games in sight, such a strenuous experiment might prove costly. Last year there was no fight week.

Practice yesterday consisted of little but signal drill. Teams A, B, and C lined up, went through their plays for a short hour and a half and then practice was over. That was all.

In the team A line-up both Greenough and Eastman were missing. Eastman had a slight limp and Greenough was suffering from a wrenched shoulder. An X-ray examination, however, showed that his injury was far less severe than had been feared, while Kernan, the other casualty, was reported practically recovered. Aside from that, the team which started on Saturday was practically unscathed.