LARGE NUMBER SIGN UP AT SQUASH TEAM MEETING

FALL TOURNAMENT WILL START ON NOVEMBER 5

The 31 men who signed up for Squash last night will hold a series of test matches to be played before next Monday, October 29. Judging from the results of these trails Coach Cowles wil pick a squad of three teams of six men each.

At the meeting held last night in the University Squash Racquets Building on Linden Street Captain W. P. Dixon '25 stressed the fact that although there is only one vacancy on the team, that position is open to any one on the squad. He said that with so many veterans the chances for a successful season are much better than last year, for in spite of the bad showing at the earlier part of the year the team that closed the season was quite a consistant winner. Coach Cowles remarks pointed to the series of matches that will be held continually until the season opens on December 1 with a match against one of the teams of the Massachusetts Squash Racquets Association. This association will arrange schedules for both the University, and Freshman Squash teams with teams of its members. Coach Cowles intends to cut the squad of 20 men to two teams of five men each about November 15 but numerous informal tournaments will be held throughout the season by which outside men can work up to a place on the squad. Football men may begin work later under no handicap.

Those who failed to report last night may sign up on cards at the Squash Courts today and any manager candidates may get in touch with Manager Harry Eldrige '24 at Hollis 16. The competition will last about six weeks.

The entries for the fall Squash Tournament will close November 1. The tournament is open to all members of the University who wish to sign up. There is a registration fee of 50 cents. The tournament begins on November 5. A separate tournament for Freshman will begin the same day in the Freshman Squash Courts. The meeting for Freshman Squash candidates will be held next Monday.