STANDISH ONLY THOUGHT THEY KNEW THE SIGNALS

But They Didn't Because Gore Changed Them--Opening of Dormitory Series Discloses More Plots Than Players

By wiles and low trickery rather than by superior football ability, the Gore Hall football team schemed its way to a 19-6 victory over the Standish team in the first game of the interdormitory football series on Soldiers field yesterday afternoon.

Until yesterday both teams had practiced with the same signals, but before the game Gore shifted its signals at the last moment and piled up 19 points before the flabergasted Standish team realized what had happened. A forward pass, an intercepted pass, and a run of '30 yards gave the Gore team its score, and the half ended.

Meanwhile, however, the Standish coach had been devising a new set of signals and between the halves his team had an intensive signal drill.

When the second half began, results were almost instantaneous. There was a string of baffling signals, a long pass, and Standish had scored six points.

From then on the two teams stopped playing signals and all scoring promptly ceased.