WILL PLAY OFF DELAYED DOUBLES CHAMPIONSHIP

WILL BE STRUGGLE BETWEEN ABILITY AND TEAM WORK

The long delayed match for the University doubles championship between Ingraham-Dixon and Wheeler-Briggs will be played off this afternoon at 2 o'clock on the Divinity Courts, if yesterday's good weather continues. The match will be refereed by Coach Harry Cowles, the winning team to take three out of five sets.

Ingraham and Dixon have played more as a combination than Wheeler and Briggs, and consequently work better together, but as individual players the balance of ability leans toward the latter pair. Wheeler is the University champion while Briggs was runner-up; Ingraham las spring was number one man on the University team, ranking ahead of Briggs, who in turn ranked above Dixon. Team combination however must be considered above individual starring in a doubles match and therefore today's match will probably be closer than the ability of the several players would indicate.

If Briggs can retain control of his service, he and Wheeler may almost feel confident of a favorable result, but if Briggs losses his accuracy and and on that account must slow down, a contingency which has arisen this Fall--Ingraham and Dixon will probably make the most of the opportunity. Dixon's service is rather slow, less effective certainly than Briggs' but it is consistant.

In driving and cutting the ball both teams are almost equally able, while at lobbing Briggs is certainly the best. Ingraham and Dixon will probably play at mid-court or net as often as possible.

The Divinity Courts have not been in use for the last few days on account of dampness, but they should be in excellent condition after the last two days of drying