Cultural Center of Harvard at Mt. Auburn and Dunster Shines in Gaudy Dress as More Intellectuals Move In

The cultural map of Harvard Square has undergone radical changes during the past few months. Greatest of these changes has been the concentration of the intellectual centre of gravity of the University at the corner of Mount Auburn and Dunster streets.

The Dunster House book shop was the pioneer organization to settle on the corner. There the discriminating browser could buy mossy antique volumes of the Middle Ages or quaint little English magazines whose price was marked in shillings and charged in dollars.

Then the ancient sign of the Advocate appeared over a doorway half a point to the west on Mount Auburn street and other gentlemen of letters began to frequent the corner.

Next came this Fall an almost Johnsonian smoke shop. Tiled floors and robins egg blue walls and a samovar lured still other aesthetes to these Olympian regions.

Now the Dramatic Club has joined the intellegentia: in a newly papered and painted suite of rooms over the Advocate Sanctum, the devotees of the drama will seek to rarify further the atmosphere at the first 'open meeting of the club on October 9.

The regions of Bow street and the Lampoon, of Winthrop street and the Liberal Club, even of Plympton street and the Liberal Club, even of Plympton street and the CRIMSON have been cast into outer darkness by the glare of new white paint and pea green shutters at the corner of Dunster street and Mount Auburn.