VISITORS TOMORROW TO FACE HEAVY LINE

Lee and Jenkins Seem Sure Starters But Half-back Positions are Still Much in Doubt

The Rhode Island State eleven will find itself opposed by a strong, experienced line tomorrow when it invades Soldiers Field to tackle Fisher's men. The likely Harvard forward starters are Hill and Gordon at ends, Eastman and Dunker at tackles, Hubbard and Daniell at guards, Greenough at center. Of these Daniell along is not an "H" man, being a sophomore who played in the Freshman line last year. Kernan injured his hand last Wednesday, and this accident, although only temporary, makes Greenough the choice for the center of the line. From tackle to tackle the University line will average 193 pounds.

In the backfield, Lee at quarterback and Jenkins at full-back, seem certain to begin the game. For the half-back positions the Pfaffmann-Coburn combination or the Cheek-Howe combination will start, neither having much of an edge and either being possible starters.

In a telegram received last night from Kingston, Rhode Island, the probable line-up of the Rhode Island State team in tomorrow's game is given as follows:

Kirby, left end; Perry, left tackle; Brown, left guard; Howard, center; Steere, right guard; Gifford or Smith, right tackle; Clark or Mahiff, right end; Haslam or Smith, quarterback; Patterson or McIntosh, left half, Lamont, right half; Tweedel or Mackin, fullback.

The Rhode Island State team two weeks ago tomorrow was defeated by the University of Maine 14-0.

Signal practice occupied the entire attention of Coach Fisher's men yesterday afternoon in the Stadium. There was no scrimmage. Grew was in the play for the first time since his injury. Greenough was at center; Grew and Hubbard, guards; Hobson and Dunker, tackles; Hill and Gordon, ends; Lee, quarterback; Jenkins, full-back; Samborski and Robb, halves. Hobson substituted for Eastman, who was at Brocton shot-putting.

The squad now numbers fifty, two men having been sent to the second squad today.

Spalding was once again on the field, but Cheek and Donovan were both absent.