HOUSE CROWDED FOR DEBATE SYMPHONY

Many Notables Will Sit on Platform-Dean Greenough to be Harvard Representative and Official Teller

The Harvard-Oxford debate will take place in Symphony Hall tonight at 8.15. A large advance sale of tickets has been reported by the Symphony Hall box office and R. M. Morrison '24, manager of the Harvard debating team, stated last night that arrangements had been made for standing room tickets in anticipation of a large last minute demand.

The English debating team arrived at the South Station at 8 o'clock last night and proceeded to the Harvard Club, where they are being entertained during their stay in Boston. This morning they will visit Symphony Hall in order to test its acoustic properties.

The Oxford team is to uphold the following question: "Resolved: that this assemblage deems the French occupation of the Ruhr as greatly prejudicial to the welfare of the world." The three Oxford debaters who will speak in favor of this question are C. H. Scaife, who was vice-president of the Oxford Union last term; J. D. Woodruff, for a time a member of the British Diplomatic service; and G. A. Gardner, a student of Magdalen College, who in addition has had both dramatic and military experience. Although the Harvard team, which consists of Philip Walker 25, Charlton MacVeagh '24, and P. W. Williams '25, is not as seasoned as the Oxford group, all its members have had experience either in the Harvard Debating Union, or on one of the Harvard debating teams.

Governor Cox Will be in the Chair

Governor Channing M. Cox '04 is to be chairman of the debate. Dean C. N. Greenough '98 will be the Harvard representative and official teller, while Vice Consul A. H. Marlow will occupy a similar position for the Oxford team. Others who have accepted the invitation of the Harvard Debating Council to sit on the platform are Consul General Edwin G. Gray of Great Britain, Acting Consul Charles F. Fiamand of France, Mr. George Wigglesworth '74, president of the Board of Overseers of Harvard College, and President L. H. Merlin of Boston University.