ENTRIES NOW OPEN FOR UNION TOURNAMENT TO BEGIN MONDAY

Will Assist Coach Cowles in Choosing Men for Winter Tennis Practice

The Union tennis tournament will begin on Monday, October 15 on the Jarvis Field courts. Entries may be made in the blue book that will be posted on the Union bulletin board until Friday, October 12 at 5 o'clock.

Coach H. C. Cowles of the tennis team made it clear yesterday that he intends to watch the progress of the Union tournament to aid him in choosing the eight men that will practice at Longwood on the indoor courts this winter. This is made necessary because of the numerous upsets that have occured in the University Tennis Tournament.

There is no entrance fee but the tournament is open only to members of the Union. Silver cups will be given to the winners of both singles and doubles and medals will be awarded to the runners-up in both classes.

Although the singles begin on Monday the doubles will probably not begin until Thursday, October 18. Donald Stralem '24 who is in charge of all arrangements for the tournament, has reserved courts on Jarvis field for the earlier matches but the finals will be played on the Divinity courts.